From John Marius Wilson’s Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1872
FISHBOURNE (New), a parish in Westhampnett district, Sussex; on Chichester harbour and the South Coast railway, 1¼ mile W of Chichester. It has a post office, of the name of Fishbourne, under Chichester. Acres, 610. Real property, £2,485. Pop., 341. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £189. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and very good.