From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
KINGSTON (near Worthing) is a small parish, adjoining and lying between East Preston and Ferring, 4 miles west from Worthing, in the Western division of the county, and Worthing union and county court district. Here was formerly a chapel, which disappeared through the encroachments of the sea. The register remains; the first entry is in A.D. 1570, the last in 1671. The living is a rectory, united with Ferring and East Preston. Here is a Preventive station. The population in 1861 was 45, and the area is 582 acres.
Letters arrive from Littlehampton, which is the nearest money order office
Preventive Station, Lieut. Didham, R.N. chief officer
Didham, Lieut. R.N.
Agate Edward E. farmer