From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
NORTH STOKE is a parish, 66 miles south-south-west from London, 2 miles north-east from Arundel railway station, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Polling, Arundel rape, county court district and rural deanery, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester. The church is cruciform: it has a spire and 1 bell. The living is a perpetual curacy, value £57 per annum, endowed with £600 Royal Bounty and £585 Parliamentary grant, in the gift of Lord Leconfield, and held by the Rev. Edward Benjamin Foreman, M.A. The river Arun separates this parish from that of South Stoke. The parish contains 160 acres, and the population in 1861 was 87.
Drewett John, farmer