From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
WEST BLATCHINGTON 2 miles west from Brighton, is a parish, belonging to the Earl of Abergavenny: it is in the Eastern division of the county, union of Steyning, rape of Lewes, and hundred of Whalebone, and contains 876 acres, which are farmed by G. and William Hodson, who pay tithes to the vicar of Brighton. The church is in ruins. The population in 1861 was 50.
Letters through Brighton, which is the nearest money order office
Hodson William, farmer