Skip to content

Durrington

From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867

DURRINGTON is a parish, 3 miles north-west from Worthing, in Worthing union and county court district. There is no church, and the inhabitants attend the church of West Tarring to the vicar of which parish they pay a modus of £6 13s. 4d. The area is 891 acres, and the population in 1861 was 171.

Letters through Worthing, which is the nearest money order office

Barker Miss
Beaty Elizabeth (Mrs.), beer retailer
Card James, market gardener
Duke Oswald, farmer
Emery George, farmer
Henson George, beer retailer
Holmes Frederick, farmer
Holmes Robert, farmer
Overington Avis (Mrs.), blacksmith