From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
ALDRINGTON is a parish, 2 miles west from and in the county court district of Brighton, in the Eastern division of the county, union of Steyning, rape of Lewes, and hundred of Fishersgate. The church has long been in ruins. The living is a rectory, value £294, in the gift of Magdalen College, Cambridge, and held by the Rev. Edward Warter, M.A. of that college. A canal and floating basin (in connection with Shoreham Harbour) have been constructed for the convenience of the coal and general trade of Brighton and its neighbourhood. The population in 1861 was 7. The area is 776 acres, nearly the whole of which belongs to Hugh Ingram, Esq. J.P.
Letters through Portslade, which is the nearest money order office
Field Henry, Adur hotel