This is one of my projects – a One Place Study of New Fishbourne, West Sussex – and is intended to be a resource for family and local historians with interests in this area of the UK.
Please do not copy information to other sites without giving credit. I am happy to hear if you have been helped by the information, where there are inaccuracies or if you have further information to add.
I am a member of the Society for One-Place Studies and this site is a listed in the following directories:
There are a number of other places named Fishbourne:
- Fishbourne, Isle of Wight, UK
- Fishbourne Green, Isle of Wight, UK
- Fishburn, a village and civil parish in County Durham, England
- Fishbourne, New Jersey, USA
- Old Fishbourne, West Sussex, UK – a tything of Bosham, but now incorporated into Fishbourne
With the exception of Old Fishbourne which became part of Fishbourne in 1987, this is study is about none of these places listed above, but of New Fishbourne, West Sussex, a place near Chichester that has existed from before the time of the Romans.