From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
EARTHAM is a parish, 6 miles north-east from Chichester, and 6½ north-west from Arundel, in the Western division of the county, Box and Stockbridge hundreds, Chichester rape, county court district, diocese and archdeaconry, West Hampnett union, and rural deanery of Bognor. The church is very small and neat: it has a shingle spire and 3 bells: in the church is a marble tablet, erected by his widow, to the memory of the Right Hon. William Huskisson, who lost his life in 1832 on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway. The living is a vicarage, value £186 per annum, in the gift of the prebendary of Eartham, and held by the Rev. E. H. Goddard, D.D., of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge. The soil consists of chalk, marl and sand. The area is 1,504 acres and the population in 1861 was 121.
Letters received through Chichester, which is the nearest money order office.
Johnson George, George
Oliver George, farmer
Powell George, farmer