From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
GREATHAM is a parish, 51½ miles south-south-west from London, 3 south-west from Pulborough railway station, 6 north from Arundel, in the Western division of the county, West Easewrith hundred, Petworth county court district, Arundel rape, Sutton union, rural deanery of Storrington, and archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. The church is in the Early English style. The register dates from 1632. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Wiggenholt, joint annual value £205, in the gift of the Hon. Robert Curzon, and held by the Rev. Thomas Bacon, M.A., of Merton College, Oxford. The area is 769 acres, and the population in 1861 was 51.
Letters received through Petworth. The nearest money order office is at Storrington
Duke Friend, farmer
Penfold James, farmer, Greatham house