From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
HARDHAM is a very small parish, 51 miles south-south-west from London, one mile south-west from Pulborough railway station, in the Western division of the county, Bury hundred, Petworth county court district, Arundel rape, Thakeham union, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester, and rural deanery of Midhurst. The church is named St. Botolph’s. Earliest date of register, 1642. The living is a rectory, yearly value £66, in the gift of the Bishop of Chichester, and held by the Rev. James Munro Sandham, of St. John’s College, Oxford. The area is 680 acres, and the population in 1861 was 87.
Letters received through Petworth. The nearest money order office is at Pulborough
Baker Mr. Thomas
Challen Henry Thomas, farmer
Daughtrey Donner, farmer
Neale William, farmer
Sharp George, miller