From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
PARHAM is a parish, 54 miles south-south-west from London, 5 south-west from Pulborough railway station, a mile and a half west from Storrington, and 10 miles south-east from Petworth, in the Western division of the county, hundred of West Easewrith, Petworth county court district, rape of Arundel, Thakeham union, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester, and rural deanery of Storrington. The church of St. Peter is a small building in the later English style, with small spire and 1 bell, and curious leaden font. The living is a rectory, value £100 per annum, in the gift of the Baroness De la Zouche, and held by the Rev. James Beck, M.A., of Corpus Christ] College, Cambridge. Parham House, the seat of the Baroness De la Zouche, is a fine Elizabethan mansion, situate in a rich park abounding with deer. The area is 1,264 acres, with a population in 1861 of 71.
SPRINGHEAD is a farm.
Parish Clerk, John Skinner.
Letters through Storrington, which is the nearest money order office
Curzon Hon. Robert, Parham park
De la Zouche Baroness, Parham park
Stanford Walter, farmer, Springhead