From Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867

WILMINGTON is a village and parish, one mile from Berwick station, 59 miles from London, 9 from Lewes, and 6 from Eastbourne, in the Eastern division of the county, Eastbourne union, Longbridge hundred, Lewes county court district and archdeaconry, rape and rural deanery of Pevensey, and diocese of Chichester. The church of St. Mary and St. Peter is a small but handsome building of Norman architecture, and consists of nave, chancel, and two chapels on the north and south. The register dates from 1538. The living is a vicarage, value £111 per annum, with residence, in the gift of the Duke of Devonshire, and held by the Rev. George Miles Cooper, M.A., of St. John’s College, Cambridge. Here are the ruins of an alien priory, founded 1088. The area is 1,744 acres, and the population in 1861 was 250.
MOORSHILL and Wilmington Court are farms in this parish.

Parish Clerk, Robert Crowhurst.

Letters through Hurst Green, thence from Willingdon by foot post. The nearest money order offices are at Eastbourne & Seaford
Parochial School, James Davis, master

Ade Miss
Ade Mr. William
Cooper Rev. Geo. Miles, M.A. [vicar]
Ellis Mr. John
Lambe Mrs.
Porter Richard, esq. Crossways

Ade James, grocer & draper
Ade John Stephen, maltster & farmer
Ade William, farmer & landowner
Carpenter Charles, miller
Crowhurst Reuben, shopkeeper
Davis James, baker, & registrar of births & deaths for the Westham district
Davis Wm. pork butcher & beer retailer
Dumbrell Daniel, wheelwright
Ellis Martha (Mrs.), Black Horse
Geall William, carpenter
Gibbs George, farmer
Goldsmith Reuben, shoe maker
Lambe Richard, farmer, Moorshill farm
Lambe Thomas, farmer, Court farm
Ridgway Thomas, harness maker
Southon Benjamin, veterinary surgeon
Turner Edwin, farmer, New House farm
Unstead Samuel, dairyman
Vine Thomas, boot & shoe maker
White John, blacksmith & farrier
Wright Alexander, farmer